Previous Page
Batmobile Home
Projects Home
Next Page

The new motor goes in



The frame looks much better with a coat of POR-15.
The suspension parts will be painted when the PSC kit is installed.



Before I dropped the motor in I decided to put a shift kit in the TH350. The Fairbanks kit was recommended by a local tranny specialist. We'll see how it works out.



I swear they've got some kinda rodents in that maze, but I just can't find 'em.
This kit was pretty easy to install except for the governor springs...those suckers kept heading for low earth orbit. But eventually it went back together.



I didn't think it looked like this much of a mess when I was doing it, but...yuck!



Here's the 267 motor with a 4bbl manifold, new water pump and some old chrome rocker covers.



The tranny is ready to bolt up to the bellhousing. I used the stock torque converter.



Open wide....here it comes.



There. Now all I need to do is hook up a couple of things.



Well, a couple of things are hooked up but it still needs a little more work. Notice the different manifold on the motor now. I ended up putting an Edelbrock 2101 manifold on because I'm using a carb with an electric choke rather than a hot air device. And it sure looks a lot nicer.

Not long after this, my wife decided that she really wanted a 1st generation Camaro rather than a 2nd. At about the same time, a friend was looking for a project car. He got the Batmobile, we found the Pumkin. Worked out fine for all concerned.

Previous Page
Batmobile Home
Projects Home
Next Page