Previous Page
Batmobile Home
Projects Home
Next Page

The interior, continued



After a month or two, the carpet is FINALLY in place.



The back seat area has been completely stripped down.



The side panels got several coats of lacquer to repair the fading and scratching that had taken place over the years



Then I sprayed the console with vinyl dye. I got this and the lacquer for the plastic parts from Classic Industries.



After the paint dried, I put things back together along with some 5x7 3-way speakers in the package tray. It's starting to look like a real car again.



The next thing to do (after a bit of a delay) was the headliner. The fabric had been completely ripped off the old one. So I used a wire wheel on my drill to clean all the old adhesive off the backing board.



I sprayed the backing board and the backside of the new headliner material with 3M spray Adhesive 90. After letting them get tacky, I placed the glued sides together and smoothed them out.



Then I trimmed the material, leaving about 2 inches overlap.



And secured the overlap with duct tape on the back side.



Hey! Looks pretty nice. Now to get it back into the car.

Next: The front end comes off

Previous Page
Batmobile Home
Projects Home
Next Page