Previous Page
67 RS/SS Home
Projects Home
Next Page

Some things get fixed up



(04/12/02) One of the things that needed to be fixed was the areas under the back glass where the previous owner had ground the surface down and brushed Corroless paint on to keep it from rusting. It stopped the rust, but it didn't look very good. It looked like this on both sides.



I sanded the surface smooth, used a little spot putty and primer, and then sprayed some special-mix touchup paint. It seems to have blended in pretty well.



The engine compartment needed a little work. The stiffener bars were rusted, there was a layer of oil and grime from the long trip from Louisiana and it it just needed some general TLC.



So I cleaned it up a bunch, replaced the stiffener bars and the air filter lid...



...painted the headers with the Eastwood Hi-Temp silver and ...



...painted the master cylinder and brake booster.
So for the moment I'm not embarrassed to open the hood and show things off to people.





Except for a friend who pointed out that the hood latch stood out like a sore thumb. So this is now the "Thad Bell Memorial Hood Latch."

Then I started looking around inside. It sorta got outta control. More on the next page.

Previous Page
67 RS/SS Home
Projects Home
Next Page